© 2003 by PDABruce.com
Subscription Tracker is a record keeping application to store your subscription information for magazines, books, internet service or any other subscription information on your Palm OS PDA.
Each record stores the title, a category used for sorting, subscription start date, subscription end date, cost of the subscription, a check box to denote that you have a subscription for this item and optional you can add notes.
- Sort alphabetically in ascending or descending order or by expiration date.
- Send reminders to the datebook application or the to do list application to be sure you never miss an issue of your favorite magazine.
- Several color themes to choose from.
- Export subscription database to the memo pad application.
- Palm OS 5 compatible.
Version 1.1 (5/02/03) Initial public release.
Hotsync the SubTrack Installer.prc file to your PDA.
You will see an icon called InstStime in the PDABruce category.
Select this icon to install and launch Subscription Tracker. Several files will be extracted from the archive and the archive will delete itself.
Subscription Tracker will automatically run once the installer has completed.
When you exit the program you will see the SubTrack program icon.
|Prior to installing|
|When you start Subscription Tracker for the first time a 30-Day Trial screen appears. Once you register the product this screen will no longer show. || |
|The first screen that you see is the View All screen. |
Select the down arrow of the Filter field in the menubar to select a category to display. Only the entries for that category will appear in the table.
Once you set a filter and exit the application it will remember the last filter option you set.
- Filter down arrow - to select the category to display for
- Edit Items - to add/edit records
- Categories - to add/edit categories for sorting purposes
|All records view|
|This is the Edit Items screen. Before entering any records you need to set up some categories. |
Select Categories from the menu to add/edit categories for sorting. (see below)
Tap the New button and fill out the screen.
Enter the magazine or other subscription identifying information in the Title field.
Select the Down Arrow in the Category field to select a category for sorting purposes.
Tap in the Date Started field to select the starting date of this subscription.
Tap in the Date Expires field to select the date of this subscription ends.
Enter the amount you paid for this subscription in the Cost field.
Check the Subscribed checkbox if you are currently subscribed to this item.
Enter notes by selecting the Notes button.
- Add to Datebook - to create a reminder in the Palm Date Book application
- Add to To Do - to create a reminder in the Palm To Do List application
- |< - to view the first record
- < - to view the previous record
- New - to create a new entry
- > - to view the next record
- >| - to view the last record
- Del - to delete the current record
- All - to display all records
- Cat - to add/edit your categories for sorting
The database can be sorted in ascending, descending order or by expiration date. If you want to view the database in descending order or expiration date you will have to select this option each time you add a new entry.
You can export all entries to the Memo Pad application in comma-delimited format. Once you HotSync your handheld the comma-delimited data will be available in your Palm Desktop to copy and save for use with Excel or anything else you choose.
|Edit Item view|
|The Edit Categories screen allows you to add/edit and delete categories used for sorting. |
- New - to add a new category
- Edit - to change a category
- Del - to delete a category
- Sort - will sort the categories in ascending order, tapping the sort a second time will sort the categories in descending order
- Up/Down - to move a category up or down in the list
- Done - to return to the add/edit item screen